The questions from week two took me a few weeks to complete. I had a fun remembering my early years. The highlight was remembering my two best friends. They were sisters, only eighteen months apart, and I was only six months behind the second one. We had a great time playing together (unless we were fighting.) 🙂
They had a large yard with a playhouse and a tire swing. They had trees to climb and a fun tree house. They had a large petroleum tank that we liked to climb on and pretend it was our “horse.” In the spring, we liked to pick the white and purple lilacs growing around their house and play “He loves me, he loves me not” and to play ‘wedding’ where we would sprinkle the blossoms all over the “bride’s” head. We played with Barbies and other toys. We liked to play “skating waitresses” and we would use the shingles off their dad’s shed for “money.”
We liked to play “Red Light, Green Light” and “Mother, May I?” and “Swinging Statues.” We also liked to play games with the boys across the street and jump on their trampoline. They came to my house sometimes, but mostly we played at their house.
We liked to dress up and lip sync to The Bangles songs like “Manic Monday” and “Walk Like an Egyptian.” We also really liked to watch She-Ra, Duck Tales, Mary Poppins, and Jem and the Holograms. We loved the day we became ‘cousins’ because our grandparents married each other.
The questions for this week are:
- Tell about your early fears (of the dark, of animals, being alone, staying with babysitters, etc.)
- What were some of the funny things you said or did when you were little? What were some of the embarrassing things also?
- Can you remember your grandparents and visits with them? Did they take you with them sometimes? Also your aunts and uncles?
- What were your favorite pastimes, activities?
- What were some of your problems at this early age (0 to 5)? Have you been grateful for some of these things that you have been able to overcome? What could you tell your grandchildren to assist them with some of these same problems?